Island Quilts is the annual showcase of the wonderful work of the Tasmanian Quilting Guild and its members. At the heart of this exhibition is the quilts that guild members submit. Our categories embrace everyone, from beginning and amateur quilters through to more advanced and professional quilters. The quilts range from designs that are traditional through to modern and from size from miniature to large. Quilting and piecing techniques may be by hand, by domestic machine, or done on a longarm quilting machine. Obviously, Island Quilts is for everyone!
Island Quilts 2022
With COVID vaccination rates high and state borders open, we are looking forward to a real, physical exhibition in 2022! Our exhibition partner, Craft Alive, has secured a fantastic venue, so we’ll be back better than ever!
- RAFFLE TICKETS ARE CURRENTLY ON SALE!
- 18 June: Online Entries OPEN
- 14 August: Online Entries CLOSE
- 1 September: Judges announced
- 14-16 September: Delivery of Quilts to Depots
- 6 October: Evening with the Judges
- 7-9 October: Island Quilts Exhibition / Craft Alive at MAC02, Hobart
- 12-14 October: Collection of Quilts from Depots
- Announcements regarding other events will be made as arrangements are finalised.
Island Quilts 2022 Resources and Links
- Island Quilts Category List 2022: These are the entry categories for 2022. They have been updated for 2022 to reflect the new directions our wonderfully artistic members are headed!
- Preparing Your Quilt for Exhibition has a checklist and details about hanging sleeved and bags.
- Photographing Your Quilt has some tips and tricks for photographing and preparing an image to submit with your online entry.
- The Island Quilts Handbook 2022 has the information you need to to understand how to enter your quilts into Island Quilts.
- Information on how to enter the Island Quilts Student Textile Competition is available HERE.