Island Quilts is the annual showcase of the wonderful work of the Tasmanian Quilting Guild and its members. At the heart of this exhibition is the quilts that guild members submit. Our categories embrace everyone, from beginning and amateur quilters through to more advanced and professional quilters. The quilts range from designs that are traditional through to modern and from size from miniature to large. Quilting and piecing techniques may be by hand, by domestic machine, or done on a longarm quilting machine. Obviously, Island Quilts is for everyone!
Island Quilts 2021: A Colour Explosion
Remember, remember Island Quilts is on in November!
Unfortunately – but not surprisingly – our exhibition partner Craft Alive is unable to travel to Tasmania to hold the craft show and host our exhibition. However Island Quilts 2021 will still be going ahead although with a changed format. Quilts will still be handed in at depots, be judged, be photographed, and prizes will still be awarded at the Evening with the Judges! Our exhibition will be going online, and will still include quilt names, descriptions, and the quilters’ names. Viewers will also still be able to vote for their favourite quilt for viewers’ choice!
- 19 June: Raffle tickets on sale
- 17 July: Online Entries Open
- 31 August: Online Entries Close
- 20-22 October: Delivery of Quilts to Depots
- 4 November: Evening with the Judges
- 8 November: our online exhibition opens!
- 10-12 November: Collection of Quilts from Depots
- Announcements regarding viewing a selection of quilts at our Christmas meeting or other events will be made as arrangements are finalised.
Island Quilts 2021 Resources and Links
- Island Quilts Handbook 2021: This gives you the information you need about entering a quilt into the Island Quilts exhibition – including how to sew a hanging sleeve if you have never done so before!
- Check back here on 8 November 2021 for links to our online exhibition!!